Karuta Festival 2018 was over. The next Festival will be held in February 2019.
Both English & Japanese speakers are invited to learn, create and play a Japanese New Year’s card game called ‘Karuta’ (English version) at Karuta Festival 2018.
Have a fun Saturday afternoon playing karuta !
- Date: Saturday, 10 February 2018
- Venue: Ribbon room, Hosoda Komuten （細田工務店杉並リボン館）
- Address: 3-35-21 Asagayaminami Suginami-ku, Tokyo
- Access: JR Asagaya Station South Exit, 2 min. walking distance JR. Asagaya station is 8 minutes from Shinjuku on Sobu line.
- Admission: Free
- Booking: only required for the Creative Karuta workshop
– The winner’s original artwork of the Creative Karuta Award 2017
– Karuta cards created by children in Australia, Britain, Japan, NZ and USA
|0:30 ～13:00||Let’s play Karuta!|
Award Ceremony ‘Creative Karuta Award 2017’
– About Karuta Award
– Slideshow of the winning works
– Giving Certificate and the prize ‘Global Karuta 2017’
– Playing Karuta with the new cards
Karuta Workshop themed around Russia
– Introduction on Karuta
– Presentation by a Russia guest speaker
– Creating karuta cards on Russian topics
– Playing karuta with your own cards