We are going to hold a report session on the first Sri Lanka ‘Karuta’ Project completed in Galle last October. Kauta is a traditional Japanese card game with an educational theme such as geography, literature.
We, a team of 6 Japanese visitors, travelled to Sacred Heart Junior School on their Children’s Day and helped the grade 5 girls create their original version of karuta cards themed around Japan and Sri Lanka.
They also had fun playing karuta using their own cards. On the session you will not only learn about our project but also have a chance to play karuta by using the cards created by the girls in Galle.
Have a fun playing karuta on coming weekend!
- Saturday, 8th December 2018
- 1.30 to 4.00 p.m.
- (1) Why in Sri Lanka?
(2) Reporting on Creative Karuta Workshop, Galle
(3) Sri Lanka culture and places impressed us
(3) Let’s play karuta by using the girl’s cards
- – The session will be offered in Japanese
– Our team is ready to help English speakers
- Nishiogi Base
- YS Sendatsu Bld. II 4th Floor
3-21-5 Nishitogi-Kita, Suginami, Tokyo
- 1 min. walk from North Exit of JR Nishiogikubo station(Chuo and Sobu line)
- 500 yen incuding a cup of tea/coffeee, soft drink
- How to apply
- Pre-booking is required. Complete the following form and submit.
- Sugunami Karuta Project/Karuta 2020 project team