About Creative Karuta Award 2017
- This is an Art & Writing Contest to create ‘karuta’, a traditional Japanese card game, themed around “Share the charm of Japan and the world”.
- Everybody is invited to submit a pair of drawing/painting & phrases expressing their favorite scenes/objects in their home/chosen country.
- The Award has 4 sections such as Primary children, Secondary students, University students and Working adults.
- In 2017 We received 449 entries from 19 countries and their topics covers 43 countries.
- The total 12 works (3 works per section) were selected to win ‘Excellence Award’
- ‘Special Award’ was newly set up to award additional 14 works because so many high quality works were entered this time.
- See the below list of winners
- The winners will be awarded with a set of bilingual karuta cards, ‘Global Karuta 2017’ using the 26 winning works.
- Date: Saturday, 10th February 2018 – Time: 1 pm
- Venue: Ribbon room, Hosoda Komuten
- Address: 3-35-21 Asagaya Minami, Suginami, Tokyo
- Access: a few minutes walk from South Exit of Asagaya station, JR Chuo & Sobu line
- Note: The ceremony will be held as part of Karuta Festival 2018 offering Karuta exhibition, workshops.
- All winning works will be exhibited on the ‘Karuta Festival 2018’ on 10th February.
- The works will be also up on the website after the Festival.