We are going to hold a workshop to help both English and Japanese speakers learn, create and play ‘Karuta’, a Japanese New Year’s card game themed around Thailand.
This is suitable for arty, creative people in addition to someone loves Thailand. Families with over 8 years old children are also welcomed.
Have fun playing Karuta while learning Thailand ‘Land of Smiles’.
- Sunday, 26th November 2017
- 1.00 to 3.00 p.m.
- (1) Introduction on Karuta
(2) Presentation by a Thai guest speaker
(3) Creating karuta cards
(3) Playing karuta with your own cards
- – The workshop will be offered in Japanese
– Our team is ready to help English speakers
- Asagaya Chiiki Kumin Center, 4th floor (Japanese style room)
- 1-47-17 Asagaya-minami, Suginami, Tokyo
- 5 min. walk from South Exit of JR Asagaya station(Chuo line)
10 min. walk from Tokyo Metro Minami-Asagaya station
- Free but pre-booking is required
- This workshop is an approved commemorative event of the 130th anniversary of Japan-Thailand diplomatic relations.
- How to apply
- Complete the following form and submit
- Sugunami Karuta Project/Karuta 2020 project team